- This event has passed.
Custom Open Water Scuba Diver Course $839
April 22 @ 8:00 am - May 22 @ 5:00 pm$839
PADI Open Water Certification Course – $839
***Available any day of the week***
LEARN TO DIVE – YOUR PASSPORT TO ADVENTURE
Fun and adventure begin when you first start to learn in your Open Water Diver course at Scubanautics Diving Academy.
Congratulations on your decision to join the fastest growing fun sport in the world today. Scuba diving will open the way for you to discover the underwater environment, see and feed colourful fish, explore sunken wrecks and even capture your own seafood.
Learning to scuba dive is easy, great fun and with the correct training, it is amongst the safest of all recreational activities.
This scuba certification course is a one on one class with social distancing designed to enable you to learn to dive while ensuring your safety during the COVID-19 crisis. We offer courses starting every day of the week.
– PADI Open Water Diver E-Learning
– FIVE Confined water dives
– FOUR Ocean Dives at local Dive Site
– PADI Divers log book
– Use of state of the art SCUBA Rental equipment (Cylinder, Regulator Set, Dive computer & BCD, you will be required to have or purchase your own mask and snorkel )
***Only two people in a group (student and instructor)
To become a scuba diver, you need to be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills. Your instructor will have you do a 200-metre swim and a ten minute float to determine if you have basic swimming abilities. You should also be in good overall general health, particularly your respiratory and circulatory systems.
- For safety, all students complete a brief Scuba Medical Questionnaire that asks about medical conditions that could be a problem while diving. If none of these applies you sign the form and you’re ready to start. If any of these apply to you, as a safety precaution, your physician must assess the condition as it relates to diving and signs a medical form that confirms that you’re fit to dive.
- Some medical conditions may prevent you from diving—for example, heart disease, asthma, epilepsy or diabetes. If you are unsure of a particular medical condition, please check with us before reservation.
- Students are required to supply their own transport along with Mask & snorkel to meet the social distancing requirements.
The online theory will take 10-12 hours to complete and must be finished before the first day of the course.
During our scuba certification courses, we apply all government social distancing and hygiene recommendations:
- To minimise risks, all confined water training groups are limited to a maximum of one student.
- Students are required to have their own transport
- Each student must have their mask and snorkel
- We sanitise all regulators after use.