- This event has passed.
PADI Open Water Course 17-18-19 September
September 17, 2021 @ 8:30 am - September 19, 2021 @ 5:00 pm$479
LEARN TO DIVE – YOUR PASSPORT TO ENDLESS ADVENTURE
Fun and adventure begin when you first start to learn in your Open Water Diver course at Scubanautics Diving Academy.
Congratulations on your decision to join the fastest growing fun sport in the world today. Scuba diving will open the way for you to discover the underwater environment, see and feed colourful fish, explore sunken wrecks and even capture your own seafood.
Learning to scuba dive is easy, great fun and with the correct training, it is among the safest of all recreational activities.
Minimum of 12 years old
Your Course includes:
- PADI E-Learning or PADI Open Water Manual
- Five confined water dives (Pool) Includes pool entrance fees.
- Four ocean dives at a local shore dive site
- Use of state of the art SCUBA Rental equipment (cylinders, regulator set, dive computer, & BCD)
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR… START TODAY!
Your investment starts from as little as $479
The Scubanautics Open Water course is 3 DAY COURSE (Friday-Sunday) and is completely modular, allowing flexibility in course options, from a scheduled course format to a partial or full custom course just for you!
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING…?
BYO: Bathers/Towel/Sunscreen/Hat/Drinks & Snacks
You will need to provide your own Snorkeling Gear:
– Silicone Mask & Snorkel
– Scuba Fins & Boots (Snorkeling fins may not be powerful enough)
– 5mm Wetsuit (minimum)
*** Check out our great Snorkeling Kits we have available in-store for purchase.
Snorkeling Gear Rental: We can provide all of the above Rental items for the duration of your Open Water course for $40. Please advise if required when registering.
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN THE COURSE?
– Complete a Registration Form and book in to your chosen course dates.
– Pay for your course and collect your “Crew Pack” which contains all of your study materials & items you will need throughout the course.
– Self Study of Open Water Manual,
– Complete ALL Knowledge Reviews
– Watch the DVD (approx 6 hours)
– Meet your fellow students and Instructor
– Assessment of Knowledge Reviews
– Fitted with Scuba gear & Snorkeling Gear if hired
– 5 x Confined Water Training Dives in Pool
Day 2: Ocean Training Dives 1 & 2
Day 3: Ocean Training Dives 3 & 4
During the four ocean training dives you will practice the skills already learned during the pool training sessions and you will continue your training, learning and practicing the skills required to qualify as an Open water Scuba Diver.
All students are required to be able to swim. During the training you will complete a 200 meter swim plus 10 minute tread water. You can use a variety of swim strokes to complete the swim and rest by floating on your back at any time.
Within your Crew Pack is a Medical Statement declaration that you need to complete and sign. If you answer “Yes” to any of the questions you will need to have a full Dive Medical Form signed by a GP prior to the start date of your course.
Although a diving medical may not be required, it is nevertheless strongly recommended by both Scubanautics and PADI Asia Pacific. Further, a diving medical may uncover conditions or issues you may not be aware of, for example ear, nose and throat, or lung function issues, and which could expose you to the risk of serious injury or death while diving.
Australian Standard AS 4005.1, SPUMS (South Pacific Underwater Medical Society)and Scubanautics Diving Academy all recommend a diving medical be completed prior to starting a Dive course.
These medicals are valid for 12 months from the date of completion.
There are some medical conditions which may preclude you from learning to scuba dive
Medical conditions that will require further investigation include but are not limited to:
– Asthma or wheezing (current or history of same):
– Chronic lung disease
– Lung collapse
– High Blood Pressure
– Injury to spinal column, brain, heart; heart disease
– Problems equalising your ears or ear surgery as well as sinuses
– Regular dizzy spells
– Taking medication for chronic conditions not already mentioned.
Take the next step…..
Enrol in the PADI Advanced Open Water Course, to improve your skills and be expose to other styles of diving.